Raising the Surface with Machine Embroidery
A ground-breaking book when first published in 2003 it is now a classic for all those involved in the textile world. It features exciting, innovative and modern machine embroidery from one of the most accomplished writers on the subject. ‘Raising the Surface with Machine Embroidery’ is a book for everyone who is interested in texture in embroidery.
Beautifully illustrated, it is structured in six chapters, covering :
• Backgrounds, often using experimental or unusual materials
• Raising the surface a little to produce highly textured, low-relief embroideries
• The next step – raising the surface even more
• Using applied motifs for high-relief textiles
• Frames, masks and high-relief panels
• Three-dimensional constructions, bowls, vessels and towers Lavishly illustrated with over 95 colour photgraphs, the book includes clear diagrams and detailed instructions, step-by-step where necessary. All you need is enthusiasm and a swing needle sewing machine to make the wonderful textures featured within these pages.