Current vacancies at Pavilion Books
Senior Production Controller
Pavilion Books are recruiting for a Senior Production Controller for their prestigious Pavilion list. Candidates must have proven experience, preferably at a senior controller level, in managing 4c print from repro stage through to print and delivery.
Key tasks include:
- Preparing new titles for repro, using external repro houses as well as some in-house repro and proofing
- Managing print schedules for new titles, co-editions and reprints, maintaining the WIP report for weekly production meetings with editors and designers
- Working closely with our in house designers, editors and sales teams, and liaising with external repro and printers to ensure all projects are produced to a high standard, within budget and to schedule
The successful candidate must demonstrate:
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise effectively
- Knowledge of the production lifecycle of 4c colour printing at all stages from repro, colour management and print to delivery of final product
- A keen eye for detail
- IT skills in Word, Excel and ideally Adobe
- Knowledge of Indesign desirable
To apply please send CV and covering letter to Morna McPherson firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 31st May 2019.
We occasionally offer work experience placements for between two and four weeks. These placements provide an opportunity to learn about how Pavilion Books works and the functions of its various departments.
Applicants should send a CV and a short outline as to why you want to undertake work experience with Pavilion Books, as well as any particular interests that you have, to email@example.com.